What does it entail?
The Ambassador should serve as a network agent locally and also abroad, by sharing and learning knowledge relating to the sustainable development of Curaçao. The ambassador should emphasize the importance of the main principles of the Agenda 2030 and the SDGs:
- UNIVERSALITY – relevant to all
- INTEGRATION – social, economic, environment
- NO ONE LEFT BEHIND – go beyond averages
Furthermore, the ambassador should demonstrate high moral integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards, sound political judgment as well as diplomacy, impartiality and discretion, and proven capacity of the initiative, discretion and leadership.
The ambassador’s aim is to inspire other individuals by celebrating advances made as well as promote continued accountability among all stakeholders and the broader society for goals established regarding the implementation of SDGs in Curaçao.
- Be persons of integrity who demonstrate a strong desire to help mobilize public interest in, and support for, the purposes and principles of the sustainable development of Curaçao and proven potential to reach out to significant audiences, including decision-makers.
- Normally be influential beyond their national borders, thus having the ability to promote the values of the United Nations, the Agenda 2030 and SDGs internationally.
- Be knowledgeable about the UN, SDGs, and activities relating to them.
- Possess widely recognized talent in the arts, sciences, literature, entertainment, sport, charity work or other fields of public life.